Owning a cat means something different to each person. Some people are content to live with a highly independent cat who spends the majority of its time outside and doesn’t seek a lot of human connection. Some people want a cat to snuggle alongside them and sleep on their laps. The environment you provide for your cat is important. If you bring a kitten into a home where there is already a dog, the kitten will grow and learn to be comfortable in such surroundings. Although, if you bring an older cat into such a household it may be scared and stressed and may never get used to such an environment. It’s best to have an understanding of your expectations so you can ensure the best life possible for your kitten or cat.
To take good care of your cat, you must:
- Provide a lot of human contact when necessary so they feel loved and secure.
- Provide fresh water and regular, appropriate meals.
- Make sure your cat has a nice comfortable and cozy bed.
- Create an exciting and safe atmosphere.
- Provide fun toys like a tunnel and cat tree or scratching post.
You can buy kitten toy bundles from Amazon or Chewy. It’s also very important to get your cat spayed or neutered between 4 and 6 months. As well as keeping them up to date on vaccines and worming medication when needed. At one of their veterinarian visits it’s also a great idea to get them microchipped in case they ever go missing. It increases the chances of you and your beloved pet of being reunited.